View : 137 Download: 0
Knowledge structure of library and information science in South Korea
- Knowledge structure of library and information science in South Korea
- Jeog D.Y.; Kim S.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Library and Information Science Research
- vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 51 - 72
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- This article analyzes the knowledge structure of library and information science (LIS) in South Korea based on analysis of the theories presented in scholarly research articles. A content analysis of 654 LIS articles that appeared in two major journals since 1970 revealed overall theory use in LIS, such as growth and distribution of theory use by subfield, origin of theory, degree of theory use, and development of theory. The 654 articles analyzed used about eighty theories. The largest percentage of theories originated in LIS, followed by social science, sciences, and humanities. The degree of theory use indicates 2.10 in the 5 point ratio scale of the "Five Degrees of Theory Use Model". The proposed theory use model provides an analytical tool to delineate degrees of theory use in LIS. In short, the results of knowledge structure analysis in LIS research show that LIS in South Korea needs much more development in various fields. © 2004 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 문헌정보학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.