View : 266 Download: 81
AHNAK, a protein that binds and activates phospholipase C-γ1 in the presence of arachidonic acid
- AHNAK, a protein that binds and activates phospholipase C-γ1 in the presence of arachidonic acid
- Sekiya F.; Bae Y.S.; Jhon D.Y.; Hwang S.C.; Rhee S.G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Journal of Biological Chemistry vol. 274, no. 20, pp. 13900 - 13907
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We have recently shown that phospholipase C-γ, (PLC-γ) is activated by tau, a neuronal cell-specific microtubule-associated protein, in the presence of arachidonic acid. We now report that non-neuronal tissues also contain a protein that can activate PLC-γ in the presence of arachidonic acid. Purification of this activator from bovine lung cytosol yielded several proteins with apparent molecular sizes of 70-130 kDa. They were identified as fragments derived from an unusually large protein (~700 kDa) named AHNAK, which comprises about 30 repeated motifs each 128 amino acids in length. Two AHNAK fragments containing one and four of the repeated motifs, respectively, were expressed as glutathione S-transferase fusion proteins. Both recombinant proteins activated PLC-γ1 at nanomolar concentrations in the presence of arachidonic acid, suggesting that an intact AHNAK molecule contains multiple sites for PLC-γ activation. The role of arachidonic acid was to promote a physical interaction between AHNAK and PLC-γ1, and the activation by AHNAK and arachidonic acid was mainly attributable to reduction in the enzyme's apparent K(m) toward the substrate phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Our results suggest that arachidonic acid liberated by phospholipase A 2 can act as an additional trigger for PLC-γ activation, constituting an alternative mechanism that is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
AHNAK, a protein that binds and activates phospholipase C-γ1 in the presence of arachidonic acid.pdf(311.24 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.