View : 20 Download: 0
Developing Perspectives on Korean Nursing Theory: The Influences of Taoism
- Developing Perspectives on Korean Nursing Theory: The Influences of Taoism
- Shin K.R.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nursing Science Quarterly
- vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 346 - 353
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Nursing theory provides a systematic explanation and description of nursing phenomena. Western nursing theories have widely influenced Korean nursing. And yet, although nursing theory has universal aspects, the differences in philosophy and culture that are unique to each country need to be considered. This inquiry seeks to investigate the Korean cultural heritage, which integrates Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism, and how it provides a unique worldview of human beings, the universe, health, and nursing. Essential principles and therapies consistent with Taoist philosophy are also identified. This framework is proffered as the basis for establishing understanding between Korean nurses and patients.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.