View : 36 Download: 0
Localization of folate metabolic enzymes, methionine synthase and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase in human placenta
- Localization of folate metabolic enzymes, methionine synthase and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase in human placenta
- Shin J.-A.; Kim Y.-J.; Park H.; Kim H.-K.; Lee H.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 박혜숙; 이화영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박혜숙; 이화영
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation
- vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 259 - 265
- Extravillous trophoblast; Folate; Folate metabolic enzyme; Pregnancy-induced hypertension; Syncytiotrophoblast
- S. Karger AG
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Background: Normal fetal development requires adequate folate levels during pregnancy. Although folate metabolic enzymes have important roles in the maintenance of normal fetal development, the location of folate metabolic enzymes, methionine synthase (MTR) and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), has not been previously examined. Methods: We investigated the expression of MTR and MTHFR in human term placenta obtained from normal and pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) patients. Results: MTR is expressed in the villous syncytiotrophoblast and MTHFR is expressed in the extravillous trophoblast. There was no difference in the quantity and location of these enzymes between control and PIH patients. Conclusion: These results suggest that MTR in the villous trophoblast participates in the metabolism of homocysteine by using folate, and MTHFR in the extravillous trophoblast is associated with extratrophoblast invasion. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.