View : 108 Download: 0
The pharmacology of actoprotectors: Practical application for improvement of mental and physical performance
- The pharmacology of actoprotectors: Practical application for improvement of mental and physical performance
- Oliynyk S.; Oh S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biomolecules and Therapeutics
- Biomolecules and Therapeutics vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 446 - 456
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Actoprotectors are preparations that enhance body stability against physical loads without increasing oxygen consumption or heat production. Or, in short, actoprotectors are synthetic adaptogens with a significant capacity to improve physical performance. This paper explores the history of actoprotectors' development, their pharmacological properties, mechanism of action, and practical application to the improvement of mental and physical performance. A brief summary of the clinico-pharmacological characteristics of the main representatives of this class (bemitil and bromantane) is provided. Some other synthesized compounds, and even natural ones such as ginseng, also are regarded as potential actoprotectors, and these are treated herein as well. Actoprotectors, owing to their wide-ranging pharmacological activities, high efficiency and safety, can be applied under either normal or extreme conditions. © 2012 The Korean Society of Applied Pharmacology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.