View : 22 Download: 0
Cd4 +cd25 + regulatory t cells from MRL/lpr mice were functionally more active in vitro but did not prevent spontaneous as well as adriamycin-induced nephropathy in vivo
- Cd4 +cd25 + regulatory t cells from MRL/lpr mice were functionally more active in vitro but did not prevent spontaneous as well as adriamycin-induced nephropathy in vivo
- Kim H.-R.; Kie J.-H.; Lim W.; Moon B.-I.; Kim S.C.; Seoh J.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 서주영; 김승철; 문병인; 임우성; 김형란
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서주영; 김승철; 문병인; 임우성; 김형란
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Rheumatology (United Kingdom)
- vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1357 - 1367
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Objective. The frequency and function of Tregs are important in the pathogenesis of SLE. Nonetheless, the function of Tregs is still controversial in SLE patients and lupus mouse models. In the present study, we investigated the suppressive function of Tregs from MRL/lpr mice in vitro and in vivo by using an alternative quantitative assay.Methods. We assessed the suppressive function of CD4 +CD25 + Tregs, the proliferative activity of CD4 +CD25 - effector T cells (Teffs) and the feeder activity of CD11c + dendritic cells (DCs), isolated from the spleens of MRL/lpr mice and wild-type (WT) MRL/+ mice, by carboxyfluorescein diacetate succinimidyl ester dilution assay stimulated with two distinct types of signals, weak and strong. In order to assess the protective function of Tregs from an immune-mediated disease in vivo, we induced renal damage by injecting adriamycin (ADN) into the mice.Results. The in vitro assay showed enhanced suppressive activity of Tregs and feeder activity of DCs, but far less proliferative activity of Teffs from MRL/lpr mice, compared with those from the WT mice. The in vivo study showed more severe ADN-induced nephropathy in MRL/lpr mice than in the WT mice, while mild interstitial nephritis had already begun spontaneously by 16 weeks in MRL/lpr mice.Conclusion. It was suggested that Tregs from MRL/lpr mice were functionally competent and intrinsically more active in vitro, but they were not capable of preventing the ADN-induced as well as the spontaneously developing nephropathy in vivo. © The Author 2012. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the British Society for Rheumatology. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.