View : 93 Download: 40
Current status of laparoscopic liver resection in Korea
- Current status of laparoscopic liver resection in Korea
- Park J.S.; Han H.-S.; Hwang D.W.; Yoon Y.-S.; Cho J.Y.; Koh Y.-S.; Kwon C.H.D.; Kim K.S.; Kim S.B.; Kim Y.H.; Kim H.C.; Chu C.W.; Lee D.S.; Kim H.-J.; Park S.J.; Han S.-S.; Song T.J.; Ahn Y.J.; Yoo Y.K.; Yu H.C.; Yoon D.S.; Lee M.-K.; Lee H.K.; Min S.K.; Jeong C.-Y.; Hong S.-C.; Choi I.S.; Hur K.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 이현국; 민석기
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이현국; 민석기
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Medical Science
- Journal of Korean Medical Science vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 767 - 771
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Since laparoscopic liver resection was first introduced in 2001, Korean surgeons have chosen a laparoscopic procedure as one of the treatment options for benign or malignant liver disease. We distributed and analyzed a nationwide questionnaire to members of the Korean Laparoscopic Liver Surgery Study Group (KLLSG) in order to evaluate the current status of laparoscopic liver resection in Korea. Questionnaires were sent to 24 centers of KLLSG. The questionnaire consisted of operative procedure, histological diagnosis of liver lesions, indications for resection, causes of conversion to open surgery, and postoperative outcomes. A laparoscopic liver resection was performed in 416 patients from 2001 to 2008. Of 416 patients, 59.6% had malignant tumors, and 40.4% had benign diseases. A total laparoscopic approach was performed in 88.7%. Anatomical laparoscopic liver resection was more commonly performed than non-anatomical resection (59.9% vs 40.1%). The anatomical laparoscopic liver resection procedures consisted of a left lateral sectionectomy (29.3%), left hemihepatectomy (19.2%), right hemihepatectomy (6%), right posterior sectionectomy (4.3%), central bisectionectomy (0.5%), and caudate lobectomy (0.5%). Laparoscopy-related serious complications occurred in 12 (2.8%) patients. The present study findings provide data in terms of indication, type and method of liver resection, and current status of laparoscopic liver resection in Korea. © 2012 The Korean Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.