View : 63 Download: 0
Association between endometriosis and polymorphisms in tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), TRAIL receptor and osteoprotegerin genes and their serum levels
- Association between endometriosis and polymorphisms in tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), TRAIL receptor and osteoprotegerin genes and their serum levels
- Kim H.; Ku S.-Y.; Suh C.S.; Kim S.H.; Kim J.H.; Kim J.G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 147 - 153
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose To evaluate the relationship between endometri-osis and polymorphisms in the genes encoding tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), TRAIL receptor (DR) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) and their serum levels in Korean women. Methods A case-control study was conducted with 138 women with endometriosis and 214 women without endo-metriosis in academic medical center. TRAIL c.49G>A, c.592A>G, c.615A>G, and c.662T>C; DR4 c.626G>C and c.1322A>G; DR5 c.95C>T, c.200C>T, and c.72T>G; OPG -245T>G, c.9C>G, c.788A>C, and c.9938G>T polymorphisms were investigated and circulating levels of TRAIL and OPG were measured. Results The TRAIL c.49G>A, c.615A>G, and c.662T>C; the DR4 c.626G>C; the DR5 c.72T>G; the OPG c.788A>C and c.9938G>T polymorphisms were not observed. The genotype distributions and allele frequencies of single or combined polymorphisms of TRAIL, DR4, DR5, and OPG measured in women with endometriosis were not diVerent from those in women without endometriosis, regardless of endometriosis stage. Serum TRAIL and OPG levels were signiWcantly lower in women with endometriosis than in women without endometriosis, but these levels did not show diVerences between early and advanced endometri-osis. Conclusions Endometriosis is associated with circulating TRAIL and OPG levels in Korean women but not with the TRAIL, DR, and OPG polymorphisms. © 2012 Springer-Verlag.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.