View : 218 Download: 0
Korean Observational Study Network for Arthritis (KORONA): Establishment of a Prospective Multicenter Cohort for Rheumatoid Arthritis in South Korea
- Korean Observational Study Network for Arthritis (KORONA): Establishment of a Prospective Multicenter Cohort for Rheumatoid Arthritis in South Korea
- Sung Y.-K.; Cho S.-K.; Choi C.-B.; Park S.-Y.; Shim J.; Ahn J.K.; Bang S.-Y.; Cha H.-S.; Choe J.-Y.; Chung W.T.; Her M.; Hong S.-J.; Hong Y.K.; Joung C.-I.; Jun J.-B.; Jung Y.O.; Kang Y.M.; Kim D.-Y.; Kim H.-R.; Kim H.A.; Kim J.; Kim S.-K.; Kim S.-I.; Kim T.-H.; Kim T.-J.; Koh E.; Lee C.K.; Lee H.-S.; Lee J.; Lee S.-H.; Lee S.-S.; Lee S.W.; Lee Y.-A.; Nah S.-S.; Park S.-H.; Sheen D.H.; Shim S.-C.; Gyu Song G.; Suh C.-H.; Uhm W.-S.; Yoo D.-H.; Yoo W.-H.; Yoon B.Y.; Bae S.-C.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism
- Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 745 - 751
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objectives: The object of this study was to introduce the KORean Observational study Network for Arthritis (KORONA) registry with an emphasis on the design of the Korean rheumatoid arthritis (RA) national database, as well as to provide an overview of the RA patients who are currently registered in KORONA. Methods: The KORONA was established in July 2009 by the Clinical Research Center for Rheumatoid Arthritis (CRCRA) in South Korea. KORONA is based on a prospective protocol and standard, defined data collection instruments. Demographic and clinical features, laboratory and radiologic data, health-related outcomes, treatment side effects, resource utilization, and health behaviors of the RA cohort patients are recorded in a database. Results: A total of 23 institutions, which are about 38% of the rheumatologic departments at tertiary academic hospitals across South Korea, are part of KORONA. The quality control of data collection and management has been performed through annual monitoring and auditing, staff training, and providing standard operation protocol by the executive committee of CRCRA. As of 31 December 2010, 4721 patients with established RA were included in KORONA, because an annual survey had started to be performed in July 2010. Conclusions: KORONA is the first nationwide Korean RA-specific cohort and it will provide valuable "real-world" information for Korean RA patients. © 2012 Elsevier Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.