View : 11 Download: 0
Combination of vitrectomy, IVTA, and laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema unresponsive to prior treatments; 3-year results
- Combination of vitrectomy, IVTA, and laser photocoagulation for diabetic macular edema unresponsive to prior treatments; 3-year results
- Kim Y.T.; Kang S.W.; Kim S.J.; Kim S.M.; Chung S.E.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology
- vol. 250, no. 5, pp. 679 - 684
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose To evaluate the long-term effects of combined therapy of vitrectomy, intravitreal triamcinolone, and macular laser photocoagulation on diabetic macular edema (DME) unresponsive to prior treatment. Methods Medical records of 46 eyes of 41 subjects who underwent sequential combined therapy consisting of vitrectomy, intravitreal triamcinolone, and macular laserphotocoagulation for refractory DME of non-tractional origin were reviewed. Best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA), central subfield thickness (CST) of macula, and number of additional treatments were analyzed. Results Forty eyes of 35 patients completed a 3-year follow-up. The mean (± SD) CSTs before and 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years after the administration of combined therapy in these eyes were 499.1±174.9, 224.2± 110.2, 273.4±173.5, 237.5±84.2 and 219.4±66.6 μm, respectively (p<0.001). The mean (± SD) logMAR BCVA before and 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years after the combined therapy were 0.82±0.32, 0.69±0.40, 0.63±0.39, 0.61±0.46, and 0.55±0.44, respectively (p<0.001). Thirty-one of 40 eyes (77.5%) exhibited no recurrence of DME after the combined therapy. No visually significant complications other than progression of lens opacity and elevation of intraocular pressure were noted during the study period. Conclusions This study demonstrated the long-term stability and efficacy of the combined therapy described herein for the treatment of refractory DME. © 2011 Springer-Verlag.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.