View : 164 Download: 0
A facile synthesis of emodin derivatives, emodin carbaldehyde, citreorosein, and their 10-deoxygenated derivatives and their inhibitory activities on μ-calpain
- A facile synthesis of emodin derivatives, emodin carbaldehyde, citreorosein, and their 10-deoxygenated derivatives and their inhibitory activities on μ-calpain
- Liang J.L.; Cha H.C.; Lee S.H.; Son J.-K.; Chang H.W.; Eom J.-E.; Kwon Y.; Jahng Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- Archives of Pharmacal Research vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 447 - 454
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- A new procedure for the preparation of emodin carbaldehyde and citreorosein was described, in which, ω,ω'-dibromomethylemodin triacetate was prepared as a key intermediate by NBSmediated bromination of 1,3,8-triacetylemodin. Reduction of emodin and citreorosein with SnCl 2 in a 1:1 mixture of HOAc and HCl afforded the corresponding anthrones in 90% and 92% yield, respectively, while the corresponding 10-desoxyemodin carbaldehyde was prepared by MnO 2 oxidation of 10-desoxycitreorosein. 10-Desoxycitreorosein and emodin carbaldehyde showed feasible μ-calpain inhibitory activities with IC 50 values of 20.15 and 25.77 M, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.