View : 15 Download: 0
Effects on micronuclei formation of 60-Hz electromagnetic field exposure with ionizing radiation, hydrogen peroxide, or c-Myc overexpression
- Effects on micronuclei formation of 60-Hz electromagnetic field exposure with ionizing radiation, hydrogen peroxide, or c-Myc overexpression
- Jin Y.B.; Kang G.-Y.; Lee J.S.; Choi J.-I.; Lee J.-W.; Hong S.-C.; Myung S.H.; Lee Y.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Radiation Biology
- vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 374 - 380
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: Epidemiological studies have demonstrated a possible correlation between exposure to extremely low-frequency magnetic fields (ELF-MF) and cancer. However, this correlation has yet to be definitively confirmed by epidemiological studies. The principal objective of this study was to assess the effects of 60 Hz magnetic fields in a normal cell line system, and particularly in combination with various external factors, via micronucleus (MN) assays. Materials and methods: Mouse embryonic fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and human lung fibroblast WI-38 cells were exposed for 4 h to a 60 Hz, 1 mT uniform magnetic field with or without ionizing radiation (IR, 2 Gy), H 2O 2 (100 μM) and cellular myelocytomatosis oncogene (c-Myc) activation. Results: The results obtained showed no significant differences between the cells exposed to ELF-MF alone and the unexposed cells. Moreover, no synergistic effects were observed when ELF-MF was combined with IR, H 2O 2, and c-Myc activation. Conclusions: Our results demonstrate that ELF-MF did not enhance MN frequency by IR, H 2O 2 and c-Myc activation. © 2012 Informa UK, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.