View : 42 Download: 0
South Korea's democratization movements, 1980-1987: Political structure, political opportunity, and framing
- South Korea's democratization movements, 1980-1987: Political structure, political opportunity, and framing
- Choe H.; Kim J.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Inter-Asia Cultural Studies
- vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 55 - 68
- SSCI; AHCI; SCOPUS
- Through a case study of democratization movements in South Korea from 1980 to 1987, this study aims to contribute to further sophistication of social movement theories. Recognizing the limitation of the existing political opportunity approach, this paper presents a systematic definition of political opportunity structure and shows the mechanism through which it plays a role in the development of a social movement. In particular, in explaining South Korea's democratization movements, the authors distinguish political opportunity from its structure and suggest political opportunity as a framework that could explain the changes in risks and changes affecting social movements. © 2012 Copyright Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 국제대학원 > 국제학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.