View : 35 Download: 0
Interaction of Ets-1 with HDAC1 represses IL-10 expression in Th1 cells
- Interaction of Ets-1 with HDAC1 represses IL-10 expression in Th1 cells
- Lee C.-G.; Kwon H.-K.; Sahoo A.; Hwang W.; So J.-S.; Hwang J.-S.; Chae C.-S.; Kim G.-C.; Kim J.-E.; So H.-S.; Hwang E.S.; Grenningloh R.; Ho I.-C.; Im S.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Immunology
- vol. 188, no. 5, pp. 2244 - 2253
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- IL-10 is a multifunctional cytokine that plays a crucial role in immunity and tolerance. IL-10 is produced by diverse immune cell types, including B cells and subsets of T cells. Although Th1 produce IL-10, their expression levels are much lower than Th2 cells under conventional stimulation conditions. The potential role of E26 transformation-specific 1 (Ets-1) transcription factor as a negative regulator for Il10 gene expression in CD4 + T cells has been implicated previously. In this study, we investigated the underlying mechanism of Ets-1-mediated Il10 gene repression in Th1 cells. Compared with wild type Th1 cells, Ets-1 knockout Th1 cells expressed a significantly higher level of IL-10, which is comparable with that of wild type Th2 cells. Upregulation of IL-10 expression in Ets-1 knockout Th1 cells was accompanied by enhanced chromatin accessibility and increased recruitment of histone H3 acetylation at the Il10 regulatory regions. Reciprocally, Ets-1 deficiency significantly decreased histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) enrichment at the Il10 regulatory regions. Treatment with trichostatin A, an inhibitor of HDAC family, significantly increased Il10 gene expression by increasing histone H3 acetylation recruitment. We further demonstrated a physical interaction between Ets-1 and HDAC1. Coexpression of Ets-1 with HDAC1 synergistically repressed IL-10 transcription activity. In summary, our data suggest that an interaction of Ets-1 with HDAC1 represses the Il10 gene expression in Th1 cells. Copyright © 2012 by The American Association of Immunologists, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.