View : 13 Download: 0
Large-scale genome-wide association studies in east Asians identify new genetic loci influencing metabolic traits
- Large-scale genome-wide association studies in east Asians identify new genetic loci influencing metabolic traits
- Kim Y.J.; Go M.J.; Hu C.; Hong C.B.; Kim Y.K.; Lee J.Y.; Hwang J.-Y.; Oh J.H.; Kim D.-J.; Kim N.H.; Kim S.; Hong E.J.; Kim J.-H.; Min H.; Kim Y.; Zhang R.; Jia W.; Okada Y.; Takahashi A.; Kubo M.; Tanaka T.; Kamatani N.; Matsuda K.; Park T.; Oh B.; Kimm K.; Kang D.; Shin C.; Cho N.H.; Kim H.-L.; Han B.-G.; Lee J.-Y.; Cho Y.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nature Genetics
- vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 990 - 997
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- To identify the genetic bases for nine metabolic traits, we conducted a meta-analysis combining Korean genome-wide association results from the KARE project (n = 8,842) and the HEXA shared control study (n = 3,703). We verified the associations of the loci selected from the discovery meta-analysis in the replication stage (30,395 individuals from the BioBank Japan genome-wide association study and individuals comprising the Health2 and Shanghai Jiao Tong University Diabetes cohorts). We identified ten genome-wide significant signals newly associated with traits from an overall meta-analysis. The most compelling associations involved 12q24.11 (near MYL2) and 12q24.13 (in C12orf51) for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, 2p21 (near SIX2-SIX3) for fasting plasma glucose, 19q13.33 (in RPS11) and 6q22.33 (in RSPO3) for renal traits, and 12q24.11 (near MYL2), 12q24.13 (in C12orf51 and near OAS1), 4q31.22 (in ZNF827) and 7q11.23 (near TBL2-BCL7B) for hepatic traits. These findings highlight previously unknown biological pathways for metabolic traits investigated in this study. © 2011 Nature America, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.