View : 23 Download: 0
Idiopathic cardiomyopathies in Korean children; 9-Year Korean multicenter study
- Idiopathic cardiomyopathies in Korean children; 9-Year Korean multicenter study
- Oh J.H.; Hong Y.M.; Choi J.Y.; Kim S.J.; Jung J.W.; Sohn S.; Hyun M.C.; Noh C.I.; Lee J.W.; Park I.S.
- Ewha Authors
- 홍영미; 손세정
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 홍영미; 손세정
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Circulation Journal
- vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 2228 - 2234
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Background: Idiopathic cardiomyopathies (CMPs) are an important heterogeneous group of diseases. With the advance of therapeutic strategies, epidemiologic data on CMP have become very important, but only a few have been reported in Asian children. We conducted a retrospective epidemiologic study of primary CMP in Korean children. Methods and Results: Using a multicenter survey, we studied primary CMP among Korean children from January 1998 to December 2006 based on classification (2006) of CMP by the American Heart Association. A total of 277 primary CMP patients were reported from 17 cardiovascular centers. The average annual occurrence of new cases of primary CMP was 0.28 per 100,000 Korean children younger than 15 years of age (95% confidence interval (CI) 0.24-0.31). Dilated CMP (DCMP) was 66.43%, hypertrophic CMP (HCMP) 23.47%, restrictive CMP (RCMP) 6.50% and others 3.61%. The point prevalence of primary CMP at the end of the study was estimated as 2.11/100,000 (95%CI 1.83-2.43), DCMP 1.39/100,000, HCMP 0.51/100,000, RCMP 0.16/100,000 and others 0.04/100,000. Survival rates over 9 years were 69.8% in DCMP, 90.3% in HCMP, and 47.2% in RCMP. Conclusions: Recent point prevalence of childhood primary CMP in Korea was estimated as 2.11/100,000. Further epidemiologic study with a nationwide survey is necessary.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.