View : 91 Download: 33
Genome-wide scan of granular corneal dystrophy, type II: Confirmation of chromosome 5q31 and identification of new co-segregated loci on chromosome 3q26.3
- Genome-wide scan of granular corneal dystrophy, type II: Confirmation of chromosome 5q31 and identification of new co-segregated loci on chromosome 3q26.3
- Lee E.-J.; Kim K.J.; Kim H.-N.; Bok J.; Jung S.-C.; Kim E.K.; Lee J.-Y.; Kim H.-L.
- Ewha Authors
- 김형래; 정성철; 김한나
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김형래; 정성철; 김한나
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Experimental and Molecular Medicine
- Experimental and Molecular Medicine vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 393 - 400
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Granular corneal dystrophy, type II (CGD2; Avellino corneal dystrophy) is the most common corneal dystrophy among Koreans, but its pathophysiology is still poorly understood. Many reports showed that even though the causative mutation is the same TGFBI R124H mutation, there are severe and mild phenotypes of the corneal dystrophy. We also observed the phenotype differences in our samples. For this reason, we focused our effort on the identification of unknown genetic factor related to phenotype variation. A total 551 individuals from 59 families were genotyped with SNP chip and used in genome-wide linkage analysis. From single-point linkage analyses, we confirmed the known 5q31 region for TGFBI gene, and selected novel nine candidate loci for CGD2. In simulation analysis, the only 3q26.3 region including neuroligin 1 gene (NLGN1) was supported by empirical statistic significance. To investigate the effect of genetic heterogeneity in linkage analysis, we classified CGD2 families into two subgroups. Although we could not find a significant evidence for correlation between the 3q26.3 region and CGD2 phenotypes, this first genome-wide analysis with CGD2 families in Korea has a very important value for offering insights in genetics of CGD2. In addition, the co-segregating loci with CGD2 including 3q26.3 would be a good target for further study to understand the pathophysiology of CGD2.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.