View : 177 Download: 0
Antibodies against non-immunizing antigens derived from a large immune scFv library
- Antibodies against non-immunizing antigens derived from a large immune scFv library
- Moon S.A.; Ki M.K.; Lee S.; Hong M.-L.; Kim M.; Kim S.; Chung J.; Rhee S.G.; Shim H.
- Ewha Authors
- 이서구; 심현보
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이서구; 심현보
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Molecules and Cells
- Molecules and Cells vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 509 - 513
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Target-specific antibodies can be rapidly enriched and identified from an antibody library using phage display. Large, naïve antibody libraries derived from synthetic or unimmunized sources can yield antibodies against virtually any antigen, whereas libraries from immunized sources tend to be smaller and are used exclusively against the antigen of immunization. In this study, 25 scFv libraries made from the spleens of immunized rabbits, each with a size ranging from 10 8 to higher than 10 9, were combined into a single large library with > 10 10 individual clones. Panning of this combined library yielded target-specific rabbit scFv clones against many non-immunizing antigens, including proteins, peptides, and a small molecule. Notably, specific scFv clones against a rabbit self-antigen (rabbit serum albumin) and a phosphorylated protein (epidermal growth factor receptor pTyr1173) could be isolated from the library. These results suggest that the immune library contained a significant number of unimmunized clones and that a sufficiently large immune library can be utilized similarly to a naïe library, i.e., against various non-immunizing antigens to yield specific antibodies. © 2011 The Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology and Springer Netherlands.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 생명·약학부 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.