View : 50 Download: 0
Expression of tnf-α and il-1β in splenic dendritic cells and their serum levels in mouse sparganosis
- Expression of tnf-α and il-1β in splenic dendritic cells and their serum levels in mouse sparganosis
- Yang H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Parasitology
- Korean Journal of Parasitology vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 191 - 194
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Sparganosis is a tissue invading helminthiasis infecting intermediate hosts, including humans. Strong immune responses are expected to occur in early phases of infection. Thus, we investigated cytokine expressions in splenic dendritic cells and in sera after experimental infection of mice. In splenic dendritic cells, TNF-α and IL-1β expression peaked at week 1 and week 3 post-infection (PI), respectively, and also early phase (week 2 PI) depressed cytokine expression was noticed. Serum IL-1β concentration increased significantly at week 2 PI and peaked at week 6 PI, and that of TNF-α peaked at week 6 PI. These results showed that pro-inflammatory cytokines, TNF-α and IL-1β, are chronologically regulated in mouse sparganosis. © 2011, Korean Society for Parasitology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.