View : 124 Download: 0
Human papillomavirus 16/18 AS04-adjuvanted cervical cancer vaccine: Immunogenicity and safety in 15-25 years old healthy Korean women
- Human papillomavirus 16/18 AS04-adjuvanted cervical cancer vaccine: Immunogenicity and safety in 15-25 years old healthy Korean women
- Kim S.C.; Song Y.S.; Kim Y.-T.; Kim Y.T.; Ryu K.-S.; Gunapalaiah B.; Bi D.; Bock H.L.; Park J.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Gynecologic Oncology
- Journal of Gynecologic Oncology vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 67 - 75
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Objective: The study assessed the immunogenicity and safety of human papillomavirus (HPV)-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted cervical cancer vaccine in healthy Korean women aged 15-25 years. Methods: Phase IIIB, double-blind, randomised (2:1), multi-centre trial was conducted in Korea from June 2007 to March 2008. The study enrolled 225 women in the HPV (N=149) and placebo (N=76) groups who received three doses of HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine or placebo (aluminium hydroxide) administered intramuscularly at 0, 1, and 6 months and were followed until one month post-dose 3. Serum samples were collected pre-vaccination and one month post-dose 3. Safety and reactogenicity data were collected throughout. Results: In this trial, 208 women completed the study (141 in HPV group; 67 in placebo group). At month 7, all initially seronegative women had seroconverted for HPV-16 and HPV-18 antibodies with anti-HPV-16 and anti-HPV-18 geometric mean titres of 9,351.4 El.U/mL (95% CI, 8,145.5 to 10,735.8) and 4204.1 El.U/mL (95% CI, 3,626.5 to 4,873.6), respectively. Initially seropositive women showed similar increase in geometric mean titre levels. Compliance to the three dose vaccination course was 95.3% in HPV and 89.5% in placebo group. Solicited local (pain) and general (fatigue, myalgia or headache) symptoms were commonly reported in both groups. Three serious adverse events were reported (two in HPV group; one in placebo group), all unrelated to vaccination by the investigator; all recovered. Conclusion: The HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine was highly immunogenic with a clinically acceptable safety profile in Korean women. This study was in line with previous global studies in Europe, North America, and Brazil. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT 00485732.). © 2011. Asian Society of Gynecologic Oncology, Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology and Colposcopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.