View : 31 Download: 0
Microarray expression profiling of Spodoptera litura in response to oxidative stress
- Microarray expression profiling of Spodoptera litura in response to oxidative stress
- Yun E.-Y.; Hwang J.-S.; Yoon Y.-I.; Ahn M.-Y.; Kim N.-J.; Kwon O.-Y.; Lee W.-J.; Goo T.-W.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology
- vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 145 - 162
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- To examine the expression profile of oxidative stress responsive genes in Spodoptera litura, we constructed a cDNA library from S. litura injected with hydrogen peroxide (H 2O 2). Using a microarray chip composed of 2,964 cDNAs, we screened gene expression at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9h post H 2O 2 injection. Data were clustered into 15 groups of genes that behave similarly across each time course. Seventy-three genes were identified as being at least twofold up- or downregulated after treatment with H 2O 2 in S. litura. We constructed expressed sequence tags (ESTs) for genes that changed at least twofold after treatment with H 2O 2. The functional classification of these ESTs based on Gene Ontology showed that the ESTs are rich in genes involved in oxidoreductase activity (5.7%), defense (14.3%), cellular process (22.9%), and development (17.1%). © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc..
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 바이오융합과학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.