View : 32 Download: 0
Epidemiology and clinical long-term outcome of childhood aplastic anemia in korea for 15 years: Retrospective study of the Korean Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (KSPHO)
- Epidemiology and clinical long-term outcome of childhood aplastic anemia in korea for 15 years: Retrospective study of the Korean Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (KSPHO)
- Jeong D.C.; Chung N.G.; Kang H.J.; Koo H.H.; Kook H.; Kim S.K.; Kim S.Y.; Kim H.S.; Kim H.M.; Park K.D.; Park S.K.; Park J.S.; Park J.E.; Park H.J.; Park Y.S.; Seo J.J.; Sung K.W.; Shin H.Y.; Ahn H.S.; Ryu K.H.; Yoo E.S.; Lyu C.J.; Lee K.S.; Lee K.C.; Lee S.Y.; Lee Y.H.; Lim Y.T.; Lim Y.J.; Jung H.L.; Cho B.; Choi Y.M.; Hah J.O.; Hwang T.J.; Kim H.K.
- Ewha Authors
- 유경하; 유은선
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 유경하; 유은선
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 172 - 178
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- PURPOSE: Aplastic anemia (AA) is a rare hematologic disease characterized by pancytopenia and hypocellular marrow. The Korean Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology investigated retrospectively the incidence, survival, and transfusion independency according to treatment strategies in AA. METHODS: All the questionnaires were sent to members for medical records. We collected and analyzed 702 available data. RESULTS: The male and female ratio was 1.2, and the median age at diagnosis was 9.3 years. The annual incidence of Korean children with AA was 5.16 per million per year. Constitutional anemia was diagnosed in 44 children. In acquired AA, causes were identified in 39 children. Severe AA (SAA) at initial diagnosis was more common than nonsevere AA. The overall survival was 47.8% with supportive care, 68.1% with immunosuppressive therapy (IST), and 81.8% with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In IST, response rate was 65.7%, and relapse rate after response was 54.4% within a median of 23.0 months. The factors with overall survival were severity of disease in supportive care, severity and response in IST, donor type, graft failure, and posttransplant events in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. CONCLUSIONS: Long-term outcome in AA was dependent on treatment strategies. These Korean results may help research and prospective international clinical trials for childhood AA. © 2011 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.