View : 20 Download: 0
Inorganic-polymer nanohybrid carrier for delivery of a poorly-soluble drug, ursodeoxycholic acid
- Inorganic-polymer nanohybrid carrier for delivery of a poorly-soluble drug, ursodeoxycholic acid
- Choi G.; Lee J.-H.; Oh Y.-J.; Choy Y.B.; Park M.C.; Chang H.C.; Choy J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 최진호; 박명철
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Pharmaceutics
- vol. 402, no. 41276, pp. 117 - 122
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Delivery of poorly soluble drugs has been problematic due to its low absorption profile and bioavailability. In this work, ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA), a poorly-soluble drug, was intercalated into inorganic nanovehicle, layered double hydroxides (LDHs), with a molecular level to enhance its solubility in biological fluid. The UDCA-loaded nanovehicle (i.e., UDCA-LDHs) was also coated with an anionic polymer, Eudragit ® S100, to increase the dissolution rate of UDCA. According to the powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) patterns of UDCA-LDHs, the gallery height of LDHs was expanded from 3.6Å to 28.3Å, indicating that the UDCA molecules were successfully intercalated into the interlayer space of LDHs. Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectra also revealed that the UDCA molecules were well stabilized in the LDHs through electrostatic interaction. The in vitro dissolution test in a simulated biological fluid (pH=6.8) showed that the total dissolved fraction of UDCA for the first 2h was about 60.2% for the Eudragit ® S100 coated UDCA-LDHs, which was a dramatic increase as compared with 19.0% dissolution from intact UDCA. It is, therefore, concluded that LDHs nanovehicle coated with an anionic polymer is a promising delivery system for improving aqueous solubility of poorly soluble drugs. © 2010 Elsevier B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.