View : 105 Download: 42
Entropic accelerating universe
- Entropic accelerating universe
- Easson D.A.; Frampton P.H.; Smoot G.F.
- Ewha Authors
- George F. Smoot
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Physics Letters, Section B: Nuclear, Elementary Particle and High-Energy Physics
- Physics Letters, Section B: Nuclear, Elementary Particle and High-Energy Physics vol. 696, no. 3, pp. 273 - 277
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- To accommodate the observed accelerated expansion of the universe, one popular idea is to invoke a driving term in the Friedmann-Lemaître equation of dark energy which must then comprise 70% of the present cosmological energy density. We propose an alternative interpretation which takes into account the entropy and temperature intrinsic to the horizon of the universe due to the information holographically stored there. Dark energy is thereby obviated and the acceleration is due to an entropic force naturally arising from the information storage on the horizon surface screen. We consider an additional quantitative approach inspired by surface terms in general relativity and show that this leads to the entropic accelerating universe. © 2010 Elsevier B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Entropic accelerating universe.pdf(221.91 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.