View : 43 Download: 0
Microbial treatment of high-strength perchlorate wastewater
- Microbial treatment of high-strength perchlorate wastewater
- Nor S.J.; Lee S.H.; Cho K.-S.; Cha D.K.; Lee K.I.; Ryu H.W.
- Ewha Authors
- 조경숙; 이상현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioresource Technology
- vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 835 - 841
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- To treat wastewater containing high concentrations of perchlorate, a perchlorate reducing-bacterial consortium was obtained by enrichment culture grown on high-strength perchlorate (1200mgL-1) feed medium, and was characterized in a sequence batch reactor (SBR) over a long-time operation. The consortium removed perchlorate in the SBR with high reduction rates (35-90mgL-1h-1) and stable removal efficiency over 200-day operations. The maximum specific perchlorate reduction rate (qmax), half saturation constant (Ks), and optimal pH range were 0.67mg-perchlorate mg-dry cell weight-1h-1, 193.8mg-perchlorateL-1, and pH 7-9, respectively. The perchlorate reduction yield was 0.48mol-perchloratemol-acetate-1. A clone library prepared using the amplicons of cld gene encoding chlorate dismutase showed that the dominant (per)chlorate reducing bacteria in the consortium were Dechlorosoma sp. (53%), Ideonella sp. (28%), and Dechloromonas sp. (19%). © 2010 Elsevier Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.