View : 14 Download: 0
Comparison of marketed cosmetic products constituents with the antigens included in cosmetic-related patch test
- Comparison of marketed cosmetic products constituents with the antigens included in cosmetic-related patch test
- Cheong S.H.; Choi Y.W.; Myung K.B.; Choi H.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 명기범; 최혜영; 최유원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 명기범; 최혜영; 최유원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Annals of Dermatology
- vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 262 - 268
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Background: Currently, cosmetic series (Chemotechnique Diagnostics, Sweden) is the most widely used cosmeticrelated patch test in Korea. However, no studies have been conducted on how accurately it reflects the constituents of the cosmetics in Korea. Objective: We surveyed the constituents of various cosmetics and compare with the cosmetic series, to investigate whether it is accurate in determining allergic contact dermatitis caused by cosmetics sold in Korea. Methods: Cosmetics were classified into 11 categories and the survey was conducted on the constituents of 55 cosmetics, with 5 cosmetics in each category. The surveyed constituents were classified by chemical function and compared with the antigens of cosmetic series. Results: 155 constituents were found in 55 cosmetics, and 74 (47.7%) of constituents were included as antigen. Among them, only 20 constituents (27.0%) were included in cosmetic series. A significant number of constituents, such as fragrance, vehicle and surfactant were not included. Only 41.7% of antigens in cosmetic series were found to be in the cosmetics sampled. Conclusion: The constituents not included in the patch test but possess antigenicity are widely used in cosmetics. Therefore, the patch test should be modified to reflect ingredients in the marketed products that may stimulate allergies.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.