View : 107 Download: 0
Deep infiltrating endometriosis: CT imaging evaluation
- Deep infiltrating endometriosis: CT imaging evaluation
- Jung S.I.; Kim Y.J.; Jeon H.J.; Jeong K.-A.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography
- Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 338 - 342
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objective: To retrospectively evaluate the feasibility of computed tomography (CT) in depicting deep-infiltrating endometriosis. Materials: The study population included 54 patients (age: mean, 35.5 years; range, 23-48 years) with histologically confirmed ovarian endometriomas between January 2007 and July 2009. All the patients underwent preoperative CT imaging before laparotomy or laparoscopy. The CT images were evaluated for the presence of a tethered appearance of the rectum in the direction of the uterus, stranding of periuterine pelvic fat, thickening of the uterosacral ligament, and retroflexed uterus. Two radiologists performed a blinded and independent review for each CT finding. The sensitivity, the specificity, the positive predictive value, the negative predictive value, and the accuracy of each CT finding and κ statistics were determined. Results: Deep-infiltrating endometriosis was confirmed after surgery and pathologic examination in 34 patients (63.0%). The most specific finding for the diagnosis of deep-infiltrating endometriosis was tethered appearance of rectum in the direction of the uterus (90.0%). The mean sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value, and accuracy values of all the CT findings except that of retroflexed uterus were 56.9%, 70.0%, 78.1%, 60.4%, and 61.7%, respectively. The mean κ value was 0.82 (range, 0.67-0.96). Conclusions: Computed tomographic imaging may constitute another potential option as a complementary imaging modality for the evaluation of deep-infiltrating endometriosis. © 2010, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.