View : 14 Download: 0
The microwave-assisted synthesis and characterization of Zn1 - xCoxO nanopowders
- The microwave-assisted synthesis and characterization of Zn1 - xCoxO nanopowders
- Hoang L.H.; Hai P.V.; Hai N.H.; Vinh P.V.; Chen X.-B.; Yang I.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 양인상; Xiang Bai Chen
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Materials Letters
- vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 962 - 965
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In this paper, we present a simple microwave-assisted synthesis of Zn1 - xCoxO nanopowders. With the advantages of the microwave-assisted method, we have successfully synthesized good crystalline quality and good surface morphology Zn1 - xCoxO nanopowders. The nanopowders are characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), UV-VIS absorption, and micro-Raman spectroscopy. We found, in the synthesis process, the surfactant Triethanolamine (TEA) plays an important role on the morphology of Zn1 - xCoxO nanoparticles. The XRD study shows that for Co doping up to 5%, Co2+ ions are successfully incorporated into the ZnO host matrix. The absorption spectra of Zn1 - xCoxO (x = 1-5%) nanopowders show several peaks at 660, 611 and 565 nm, indicating the presence of Co2+ ions in the tetrahedral sites. The Raman study shows that the linewidth of E2 low mode increases with Co concentration, which further indicates the incorporation of Co2+ ions into the ZnO host matrix. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.