View : 24 Download: 0
Prediction of vascular involvement and resectability by multidetector-row CT versus MR imaging with MR angiography in patients who underwent surgery for resection of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- Prediction of vascular involvement and resectability by multidetector-row CT versus MR imaging with MR angiography in patients who underwent surgery for resection of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- Lee J.K.; Kim A.Y.; Kim P.N.; Lee M.-G.; Ha H.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- European Journal of Radiology
- vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 310 - 316
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: To compare the diagnostic value of dual-phase multidetector-row CT (MDCT) and MR imaging with dual-phase three-dimensional MR angiography (MRA) in the prediction of vascular involvement and resectability of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Methods and materials: 116 patients with proven pancreatic adenocarcinoma underwent both MDCT and combined MR imaging prior to surgery. Of 116 patients, 56 who underwent surgery were included. Two radiologists independently attempt to assess detectability, vascular involvement and resectability of pancreatic adenocarcinoma on both images. Results were compared with surgical findings and statistical analysis was performed. Results: MDCT detected pancreatic mass in 45 of 56 patients (80.3%) and MR imaging in 44 patients (78.6%). In assessment of vascular involvement, sensitivities and specificities of MDCT were 61% and 96% on a vessel-by-vessel basis, respectively. Those of MR imaging were 57% and 98%, respectively. In determining resectability, sensitivities and specificities of MDCT were 90% and 65%, respectively. Those of MR imaging were 90% and 41%, respectively. There was no statistical difference in detecting tumor, assessing vascular involvement and determining resectability between MDCT and MR imaging (p = 0.5). Conclusion: MDCT and MR imaging with MRA demonstrated an equal ability in detection, predicting vascular involvement, and determining resectability for a pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. © 2008 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.