View : 14 Download: 0
The associations of coping mechanism with arterial stiffness in Hwa-Byung patients
- The associations of coping mechanism with arterial stiffness in Hwa-Byung patients
- Lee Y.J.; Baek K.W.; Yun K.W.; Lim W.
- Ewha Authors
- 연규월; 임원정
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 연규월; 임원정
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Psychiatry Investigation
- vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 241 - 244
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS; KCI
- Objective: The goal of this study is to assess the relationship between stress coping mechanisms and the risk of atherosclerosis in patients with Hwa-Byung. Methods: The Korean version ofthe Ways of Coping Checklist (WOCC) was administered to 50 patients with Hwa-Byung (49.1±10.1 years, 6 males). Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity (baPWV) and serum cholesterol level were assessed in all participants. Results: After controlling for age, sex, diagnosis of hypertension, Body Mass Index (BMI), and serum cholesterol level, the score of seeking social support in coping strategies was negatively correlated with right and left baPWV (r=-0.356, p=0.016; r=-0.373, p=0.012, respectively). In addition, the score of active coping mechanism was negatively correlated with both sides of baPWV (r=-0.383, p=0.009; r=-0.389, p=0.008, respectively). Conclusion: The seeking social support and active coping mechanism were inversely related to the severity of arterial stiffness in Hwa-Byung patients. Therefore, our result may suggest a possibility that coping strategies in Hwa-Byung patients are associated with the risk of atherosclerosis. Copyright © 2009 Official Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.