View : 183 Download: 0
Crystal structures and spectroscopic properties of copper(II) pseudohalide complexes with two sparteine epimers, having a CuN4 chromophore
- Crystal structures and spectroscopic properties of copper(II) pseudohalide complexes with two sparteine epimers, having a CuN4 chromophore
- Lee Y.-M.; Kim B.-J.; Kim H.-J.; Kim S.-Y.; Kang S.K.; Choi S.-N.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 28, no. 14, pp. 3060 - 3064
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Tetrahedrally distorted copper(II) sparteine pseudohalide complexes having a CuN4 chromophore were prepared and characterized by various spectroscopic techniques and X-ray crystallography. Among them, the crystal structures of copper(II) isothiocyanate complexes with two sparteine epimers, (-)-l-sparteine (Sp) and (-)-α-isosparteine (α-Sp), were determined. The NSp-Cu-NSp plane in copper(II) (-)-l-sparteine isothiocyanate [Cu(Sp)(NCS)2] and copper(II) (-)-α-isosparteine isothiocyanate [Cu(α-Sp)(NCS)2] is twisted by 58.2(6)° and 52.2(9)°, respectively, from the NNCS-Cu-NNCS plane. Based on the values of the dihedral angles and tilted distances of these two complexes, the geometry around Cu(II) in Cu(α-Sp)(NCS)2 is more distorted from the perfect tetrahedron than that in Cu(Sp)(NCS)2. For copper(II) sparteine pseudohalide (NCS- and N3 -) complexes having a CuN4 chromophore, the EPR and the optical spectral data were collected. The results of X-ray crystallography and ESR spectroscopy are in a good agreement with the assumption that the degree of distortion from planarity to tetrahedron will reduce the A
value of four-coordinate copper(II) sparteine pseudohalide complexes. © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 기초과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.