View : 98 Download: 0
The efficacy and safety of Udenafil [Zydena] for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in hypertensive men taking concomitant antihypertensive agents
- The efficacy and safety of Udenafil [Zydena] for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in hypertensive men taking concomitant antihypertensive agents
- Paick J.-S.; Kim S.W.; Park Y.K.; Hyun J.S.; Park N.C.; Lee S.W.; Park K.; Moon K.H.; Chung W.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Journal of Sexual Medicine vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 3166 - 3176
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Introduction. Erectile dysfunction (ED) and hypertension are frequent comorbid conditions. The vasodilating properties of type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitor (PDE5I) are the major concerns for the treatment of ED patients on antihypertensive medications. Aim. To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Udenafil [Zydena] (Dong-A, Seoul, Korea), a newly developed PDE5I, for the treatment of ED patients on antihypertensive medication. Methods. It was a multicentered, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, fix-dosed clinical trial among 165 ED patients receiving antihypertensive medications. The subjects treated with placebo, 100 mg or 200 mg of Udenafil for 12 weeks were asked to complete the Sexual Encounter Profile (SEP) diary, the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF), and the Global Assessment Question (GAQ) during the study period. Main Outcome Measures. Primary parameter: the change from baseline for IIEF erectile function domain (EFD) score; Secondary parameters: the IIEF Question 3 and 4, SEP Question 2 and 3, the rate of achieving normal erectile function (EFD ≥ 26) and the response to GAQ. Results. Compared to placebo, patients receiving both doses of Udenafil showed significantly improved the IIEF-EFD score. The least squares means for the change from baseline in IIEF-EFD scores were 8.4 and 9.8 for 100 mg and 200 mg Udenafil groups, respectively; those values were significantly higher than that of placebo (2.4, P < 0.0001). Similar results were observed in the comparison of Q3 and Q4 of IIEF, SEP diary and GAQ. Headache and flushing were the most common treatment-emergent adverse events, which were transient and mild-to-moderate in nature. No parameters of efficacy and safety were affected among the subsets stratified according to either the number of antihypertensive medication received or the previous experience of PDE5Is treatment. Conclusion. Udenafil significantly improved erectile function among ED patients with hypertensive symptom treated with concomitant antihypertensive medication. The treatment did not increase the frequency or severity of adverse events. © 2009 International Society for Sexual Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.