View : 123 Download: 62
Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells
- Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells
- Lee J.-H.; Park H.; Chung H.; Choi S.; Kim Y.; Yoo H.; Kim T.-Y.; Hann H.-J.; Seong I.; Kim J.; Kang K.G.; Han I.-O.; Oh E.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 한후재; 오억수; 김재상; 이정현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 한후재; 오억수; 김재상
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Journal of Biological Chemistry vol. 284, no. 40, pp. 27167 - 27175
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Syndecan-2, a transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan, is a critical mediator in the tumorigenesis of colon carcinoma cells. We explored the function of syndecan-2 in melanoma, one of the most invasive types of cancers, and found that the expression of this protein was elevated in tissue samples from both nevus and malignant human melanomas but not in melanocytes of the normal human skin tissues. Similarly, elevated syndecan-2 expression was observed in various melanoma cell lines. Overexpression of syndecan-2 enhanced migration and invasion of melanoma cells, whereas the opposite was observed when syndecan-2 levels were knocked down using small inhibitory RNAs. Syndecan-2 expression was enhanced by fibroblast growth factor-2, which is known to stimulate melanoma cell migration; however, α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone decreased syndecan-2 expression and melanoma cell migration and invasion in a melanin synthesis-independent manner. Furthermore, syndecan-2 overexpression rescued the migration defects induced by α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone treatment. Together, these data strongly suggest that syndecan-2 plays a crucial role in the migratory potential of melanoma cells. © 2009 by The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells.pdf(2.1 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.