View : 30 Download: 0
Stimulation of large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels by the Na+/Ca2+ exchanger inhibitor dichlorobenzamil in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells and mouse aortic smooth muscle cells
- Stimulation of large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels by the Na+/Ca2+ exchanger inhibitor dichlorobenzamil in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells and mouse aortic smooth muscle cells
- Liang G.H.; Park S.; Kim J.A.; Choi S.; Suh S.H.
- Ewha Authors
- 서석효; 최신규; 박성희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서석효; 최신규; 박성희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology
- vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 43 - 50
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- We investigated the effects of the selective inhibitor of Na +/Ca2+ exchanger (NCX), 2′,4′- and 3′,4′-dichlorobenzamil (DCB), on large-conductance Ca 2+-activated K+ (BKCa) channels in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and fresh isolated mouse aortic smooth muscle cells (MASMCs) using the patch clamp techniques. Both kinds of DCB reversibly activated BKCa currents in whole-cell clamped HUVECs or MASMCs. The EC50 of 2′,4′-DCB for BKCa current activation in HUVECs was 2.64 ± 0.10 μM. In inside-out and outside-out patches, 2′,4′-DCB remarkably increased BKCa channels activity. 2′,4′-DCB increased open frequency, but had no significant effect on mean open time. In inside-out patches, 2′,4′-DCB shifted the relationship curve between [Ca 2+]i and open probability (NPo) to the left; the [Ca2+]i required to evoke half-maximal activation changed from 1087.45 ± 142.91 nM to 500.24 ± 66.83 nM by 10 μM 2′,4′-DCB. In addition, 2′,4′-DCB shifted the relationship curve between membrane potential and NPo to the left; the membrane potential to evoke half-maximal activation changed from 81.1 ± 2.4 to 64.7 ± 3.1 mV by 10 μM 2′,4′-DCB. 3′,4′-DCB also increased BKCa channels activity. There was no significant difference in the effect of DCB on BKCa channels between both excised patches. These results suggested that 2′,4′- and 3′,4′-DCB activate BKCa channels activity in HUVECs and MASMCs by increasing the sensitivity of BKCa channels to cytosolic free Ca2+ and membrane potential. Our report would provide a consideration if they are used as NCX blocker in vascular endothelial cells or smooth muscle cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.