View : 77 Download: 0
Isoeleutherin and eleutherinol, naturally occurring selective modulators of Th cell-mediated immune responses
- Isoeleutherin and eleutherinol, naturally occurring selective modulators of Th cell-mediated immune responses
- Hong J.-H.; Yu E.S.; Han A.-R.; Nam J.-W.; Seo E.-K.; Hwang E.S.
- Ewha Authors
- 서은경; 황은숙; 한아름
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서은경; 황은숙; 한아름
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
- vol. 371, no. 2, pp. 278 - 282
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Natural compounds possessing naphthopyran moiety have been attracted by their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral activities, as well as anti-tumor activities. Although chemical structures were critical for the potential biological activities, the detailed functional mechanisms remained unclear. Here, we have studied the effects of naphthopyran derivatives (eleutherin, isoeleutherin, and eleutherinol) on T helper cell-mediated immune responses to understand the mechanisms of their anti-microbial and anti-tumor activities. The study revealed that isoeleutherin, which has 1,4-naphthoquinone ring with α-methyl group, selectively and specifically stimulated IFNγ production through the activation of T-bet gene transcription, thus enhancing Th1-mediated immune responses. However, a natural naphthopyran-4-one, eleutherinol dramatically inhibited both IFNγ and IL-2 productions during Th cell activation by suppressing the gene transcriptions of cytokines. Therefore, we suggest that the chemical modification and chirality of naphthopyran moiety in isoeleutherin and eleutherinol may be critical for the selective modulation of T helper cell-mediated immune responses. © 2008 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.