View : 34 Download: 0
A case of CD45-, CD19- precursor B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with an atypical morphology.
- A case of CD45-, CD19- precursor B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with an atypical morphology.
- Moon H.; Huh J.; Cho M.S.; Chi H.; Chung W.S.
- Ewha Authors
- 정화순; 허정원; 조민선
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정화순; 허정원; 조민선
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- The Korean journal of laboratory medicine
- vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 253 - 256
- The differential diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) from other small round blue cell tumors in children is very important for proper treatment, but sometimes difficult. CD45 is expressed on almost all-human leukocytes and not expressed on other small round blue cell tumors. Moreover, CD19 is expressed on all stages of B lineage cells and loss of this antigen is very rare in precursor B-cell ALL. We report a case of ALL with atypical morphology and immunophenotype. A 6-yr-old girl presented with fever and weight loss. Many abnormal cells with variable sized, high nuclearcytoplasmic ratio and distinct nucleoli were counted 23% in bone marrow. The results of immunophenotyping were negative for CD45, CD19, CD10, CD20, CD3, CD5, CD7, CD56/16, CD13, and CD33 and positive for CD22, TdT, and CD34. The immunohistochemical staining of bone marrow biopsies was positive for CD79a, CD10, TdT and CD99. The cytogenetic study showed normal karyotype but amplification of MLL (myeloid/lymphoid or mixed lineage leukemia) gene was suggestive in the fluorescent in situ hybridization. The patient received the standard chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia and reached complete remission.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.