View : 371 Download: 188
Dibromido(dimethyl sulfoxide-κO)(1,10-phenanthroline- κ2 N,N′)copper(II)
- Dibromido(dimethyl sulfoxide-κO)(1,10-phenanthroline- κ2 N,N′)copper(II)
- Oh M.-J.; Kim H.-J.; Kang S.K.; Choi S.-N.; Lee Y.-M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Acta Crystallographica Section C: Crystal Structure Communications
- Acta Crystallographica Section C: Crystal Structure Communications vol. 64, no. 4, pp. m153 - m155
- Document Type
- The solvent effect on the mol-ecular structures of copper(II) complexes produced from the reaction between CuBr2 and 1,10-phenanthroline is evident. The momomeric title compound, [CuBr2(C12H8N2)(C2H6OS)], which consists of discrete units, is produced from this reaction in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), whereas a polymeric copper(II) compound is known to be produced from the same reaction in the poor coordinating solvent ethanol. The geometry around the copper(II) ion in the title compound is best described as trigonal-bipyramidal distorted square-based pyramidal, with a value of 0.37. The two phenanthroline N atoms, the DMSO O atom and one of the Br atoms occupy the four basal positions, while the second Br atom occupies the axial position. The magnetic susceptibility data also indicate that the title compound is monomeric, but there is still a weak antiferromagnetic inter-action between paramagnetic copper(II) centers via the inter-molecular Cu - Br⋯Br - Cu contact pathway. © 2008 International Union of Crystallography.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 나노·바이오기술연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Dibromido(dimethyl sulfoxide-κO)(1,10-phenanthroline- κ2 N,N′)copper(II).pdf(120.27 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.