View : 67 Download: 0
No association of the genetic polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase, and vascular endothelial growth factor with preeclampsia in Korean populations
- No association of the genetic polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase, and vascular endothelial growth factor with preeclampsia in Korean populations
- Young J.K.; Bo H.P.; Park H.; Jung S.-C.; Pang M.-G.; Ryu H.-M.; Lee K.-S.; Eom S.-M.; Park H.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 김영주; 박혜숙; 정성철; 박보현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영주; 박혜숙; 정성철; 박보현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Twin Research and Human Genetics
- vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 77 - 83
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The purpose of this study was to investigate whether there is any association between preeclampsia and eNOS, DDAH, and VEGF gene polymorphisms, and also to search for a possible association between haplotypes in eNOS, DDHA, and VEGF genes and the risk for preeclampsia. DNA was extracted from whole blood of 223 preeclampsia patients and 237 healthy pregnant women. The genotypes were analyzed by a single base primer extension assay using a SNaPShot assay kit. Results were analyzed with the Student's t-test, Chi-square test, and Logistic regression analysis. Haplotype analyses were performed using Haploview 3.2 version. There were no significant differences in genotype or allele frequencies of eNOS, DDAH, and VEGF gene polymorphisms between preeclampsia patients and controls. No increase in the risk of preeclampsia for those genes was observed under any model of inheritance and there were no statistically significant associations between any haplotypes and preeclampsia risk. Polymorphisms in eNOS, DDAH, and VEGF gene do not seem to be risk factors for preeclampsia.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.