View : 13 Download: 0
Robust border enhancement and detection for measurement of fetal nuchal translucency in ultrasound images
- Robust border enhancement and detection for measurement of fetal nuchal translucency in ultrasound images
- Lee Y.-B.; Kim M.-J.; Kim M.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing
- vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1143 - 1152
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Ultrasonic measurement of nuchal translucency (NT) thickness in the first trimester of pregnancy has recently been proposed as the most useful marker in early screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities. However, manual tracing of the two echogenic lines in the image, using on-screen calipers, is hampered by weak edges, together with noise and other artifacts, leading to variable results and inefficiency. Our semi-automatic method of fetal NT thickness measurement uses a coherence-enhancing diffusion filter to enhance the border and reduce noise, followed by detection of the NT by minimization of a cost function, that combines intensity, edge strength and continuity, using dynamic programming. This method has been validated by determining the correlation between manual and semi-automatic measurements. © International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering 2007.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.