View : 183 Download: 0
Beam test of a dual layer silicon charge detector (SCD) for the CREAM experiment
- Beam test of a dual layer silicon charge detector (SCD) for the CREAM experiment
- Park N.H.; Ahn H.S.; Ganel O.; Han J.H.; Jeon J.A.; Kim C.H.; Kim K.C.; Lutz L.; Lee M.H.; Malinin A.; Nam S.; Park I.H.; Park J.H.; Seo E.S.; Walpole P.; Wu J.; Yang J.; Yoo J.H.; Yoon Y.S.; Zinn S.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 양종만; 박일흥; 남신우; 박재형
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment vol. 581, no. 1-2 SPEC. ISS., pp. 133 - 135
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The Cosmic Ray Energetics and Mass (CREAM) balloon-borne experiment is designed for direct measurement of high-energy cosmic rays. The experimental goal is to measure single-element fluxes of all cosmic-ray nuclei from hydrogen to iron with energies up to the "knee", or spectral index change near 1015 eV, observed in the all-particle spectrum. The dual layer Silicon Charge Detector (SCD) was designed to provide precise charge measurements. Each SCD layer has an active area of 77.9 cm × 79.5 cm and consists of 156 silicon sensors mounted on 24 ladders. Each sensor contains a 4 × 4 array of single-sided DC type silicon pixels with an active area of 2.1 cm2. The detector was flown on the second CREAM flight (December 2005-January 2006) and recovered successfully. The SCD was refurbished for the third CREAM flight and tested with high-energy electron and hadron beams at CERN. This paper reports on the performance of the SCD during the beam test. © 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.