View : 87 Download: 0
Sphingosine kinase assay system with fluorescent detection in high performance liquid chromatography
- Sphingosine kinase assay system with fluorescent detection in high performance liquid chromatography
- Jin Y.-X.; Yoo H.-S.; Kihara A.; Choi C.-H.; Oh S.; Moon D.-C.; Igarashi Y.; Lee Y.-M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1049 - 1054
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Activation of Sphingosine kinase (Sphk) increases a bioactive lipid, sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) and has been observed in a variety of cancer cells. Therefore, inhibition of Sphk activity was an important target for the development of anticancer drugs. As a searching tool for Sphk inhibitor, we developed fluorescent Sphk activity assay combined with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Previously we established murine teraticarcinoma mutant F9-12 cells which lack S1P lyase and stably express Sphk1. By using F9-12 cells, optimal assay conditions were established as follows; 100 μM of C 17-Sph and 30 μg protein of F9-12 cells lysate in 20 min. Sphingosine analog C17-Sph was efficiently phosphorylated by Sphk activity (Km :67.08 μM, Vmax :1507.5 pmol/min/mg). New product C17-S1P was separated from S1P in reversed-phase HPLC. In optimized conditions, 300 nM of phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) increased Sphk activity approximately twice while 20 μM of N,N-dimethylsphingosine (DMS) reduced 70% of Sphk activity in F9-12 cells lysate. In conclusion, we established non-radioactive but convenient Sphk assay system by using HPLC and F9-12 cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.