View : 117 Download: 0
A fast defense mechanism against IP spoofing traffic in a NEMO environment
- A fast defense mechanism against IP spoofing traffic in a NEMO environment
- Kim M.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- 채기준; 김미희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 3391, pp. 843 - 852
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- The boundary of a distributed denial of service attack, one of the most threatening attacks in a wired network, now extends to wireless mobile networks, following the appearance of a DDoS attack tool targeted at mobile phones. Many protocols and architectures for mobile networks were designed without regard to the possibility of a DDoS attack. Moreover, the existing defense mechanisms against such attacks in a wired network are not effective in a wireless mobile network, because of differences in their characteristics. In this paper, we propose a fast defense mechanism against IP spoofing traffic for mobile networks. IP spoofing is one of the features of a DDoS attack against which it is most difficult to defend. Among the various mobile networks, we focus on the Network Mobility standard that is being established by the NEMO Working Group in the IETF. Our defense consists of the following five processes: speedy detection, filtering of attack packets, identification of attack agents, isolation of attack agents, and notification of neighboring routers. We simulated and analyzed the effects on normal traffic of moving attack agents, and the results of applying our defense to a mobile network. Our experimental results show that our mechanism provides a robust defense. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.