View : 13 Download: 0
Observation of Shubnikov-de Haas oscillations in the quasi-one-dimensional Bechgaard salt (TMTSF)2FSO3
- Observation of Shubnikov-de Haas oscillations in the quasi-one-dimensional Bechgaard salt (TMTSF)2FSO3
- Chung O.H.; Jo Y.J.; Kang H.; Kang W.
- Ewha Authors
- 강원; 조연정
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Physics Condensed Matter
- vol. 15, no. 43, pp. 7297 - 7306
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The longitudinal magnetoresistance of the unusual Bechgaard salt, (TMTSF)2FSO3, has been studied up to 33 T under various pressures. In this compound, a single series of the Shubnikov-de Haas (SdH) oscillation is very pronounced for pressures between 5.2 and 11.8 kbar where the zero-field ground state is superconducting. Unlike the case of the rapid oscillations in most Bechgaard salts, the temperature and magnetic field dependence of the oscillations is in good agreement with the Lifshitz-Kosevich formula, implying the two-dimensional closed orbital motion of the electrons. The effective mass of the electrons and Dingle temperature are estimated as 1.4 ± 0.05 m0 and 1.6-2.4 K, respectively. For an origin of the closed orbits, it is suggested that incomplete nesting between open Fermi surfaces is induced by pressure. Discontinuous change of the frequency, amplitude, and Dingle temperature of the oscillations around 9 kbar indicates that the electronic state below and above this pressure is different. According to the features of the SdH oscillations along with the phase diagram of (TMTSF)2FSO3, the pressure dependence is divided into three regions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.