View : 112 Download: 0
The expression and tyrosine phosphorylation of E-cadherin/catenin adhesion complex, and focal adhesion kinase in invasive cervical carcinomas
- The expression and tyrosine phosphorylation of E-cadherin/catenin adhesion complex, and focal adhesion kinase in invasive cervical carcinomas
- Moon H.-S.; Park W.I.; Choi E.-A.; Chung H.-W.; Kim S.-C.
- Ewha Authors
- 김승철; 정혜원; 문혜성
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김승철; 정혜원; 문혜성
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- International Journal of Gynecological Cancer vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 640 - 646
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The present study aimed to confirm the hypothesis that the expression and phosphorylation status of the E-cadherin/catenin adhesion complex is related to cervical carcinogenesis and cervical cancer invasion, and to investigate the expression and the tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and its relation with E-cadherin/catenin adhesion complex. The expression of E-cadherin, α- and β-catenin, and FAK were studied by a western blot analysis with 26 cervical carcinomas, nine normal cervices, and five carcinomas in situ of cervix. The tyrosine phosphorylation of α- and β-catenin and FAK were examined by an immunoprecipitation. The expressions of α- and β-catenin and E-cadherin were reduced in cervical carcinoma, and the tyrosine phosphorylation of α- and β-catenin in cervical carcinoma was higher than in normal cervix and carcinoma in situ of cervix. Tyrosine phosphorylation of FAK was elevated in cervical carcinoma although the expression of FAK was not significantly different. Moreover, α- and β-catenin were coimmunoprecipitated with FAK. We conclude that the loss of E-cadherin/catenin proteins and the tyrosine phosphorylation of E-cadherin/catenin are involved in cervical carcinogenesis and cancer invasion. Tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase is also related to the cervical cancer invasion. The E-cadherin/catenin complex and FAK may be related functionally and structurally.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.