View : 57 Download: 0
Energy-constrained VDD hopping scheme with run-time power estimation for low-power real-time VLSI systems
- Energy-constrained VDD hopping scheme with run-time power estimation for low-power real-time VLSI systems
- Lee S.; Sakurai T.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers
- Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 601 - 620
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- In this paper, we propose a novel dynamic voltage scaling algorithm on a variable-voltage processor. It determines the supply voltage on timeslot-by-timeslot basis within the task boundary, and significantly reduces the power consumption by fully exploiting the slack time. Also, we modify this algorithm and propose an energy-constrained dynamic voltage scaling algorithm for low-power multimedia applications. In the multimedia applications, there are usually several alternative algorithms with different performance and power. Considering the trade-off between performance and power, the proposed algorithm adaptively determines the optimal alternative to achieve optimal performance under given energy constraint. Compared with the conventional algorithms, the power consumption is reduced to 1/14.4∼1/5.6 without performance degradation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.