View : 74 Download: 0
Isolation of an oxomanganese(v) porphyrin intermediate in the reaction of a manganese(III) porphyrin complex and H2O2 in aqueous solution
- Isolation of an oxomanganese(v) porphyrin intermediate in the reaction of a manganese(III) porphyrin complex and H2O2 in aqueous solution
- Nam W.; Kim I.; Lim M.H.; Choi H.J.; Lee J.S.; Jang H.G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry - A European Journal
- vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 2067 - 2071
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The reaction of [Mn(TF4TMAP)](CF3SO3)5 (TF4TMAP = meso-tetrakis(2,3,5,6-tetrafluoro-N,N,N-trimethyl-4-aniliniumyl)porphinato dianion) with H2O2 (2 equiv) at pH 10.5 and 0°C yielded an oxomanganese(V) porphyrin complex 1 in aqueous solution, whereas an oxomanganese(IV) porphyrin complex 2 was generated in the reactions of tert-alkyl hydroperoxides such as tert-butyl hydroperoxide and 2-methyl-l-phenyl-2-propyl hydroperoxide. Complex 1 was capable of epoxidizing olefins and exchanging its oxygen with H2 18O, whereas 2 did not epoxidize olefins. From the reactions of [Mn(TF4TMAP)]5+ with various oxidants in the pH range 3-11, the O-O bond cleavage of hydroperoxides was found to be sensitive to the hydroperoxide substituent and the pH of the reaction solution. Whereas the O-O bond of hydroperoxides containing an electron-donating tert-alkyl group is cleaved homolytically, an electron-withdrawing substituent such as an acyl group in m-chloroperoxybenzoic acid (m-CPBA) facilitates O-O bond heterolysis. The mechanism of the O-O bond cleavage of H2O2 depends on the pH of the reaction solution: O-O bond homolysis prevails at low pH and O-O bond heterolysis becomes a predominant pathway at high pH. The effect of pH on 18O incorporation from H2 18O into oxygenated products was examined over a wide pH range, by carrying out the epoxidation of carbamazepine (CBZ) with [Mn(TF4TMAP)]5+ and KHSO5 in buffered H2 18O solutions. A high proportion of 18O was incorporated into the CBZ-10,11-oxide product at all pH values but this proportion was not affected significantly by the pH of the reaction solution.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.