View : 156 Download: 0
Analysis of genetic variation and co-transcription of mitochondrial DNA in garlic (Allium Sativum L.)
- Analysis of genetic variation and co-transcription of mitochondrial DNA in garlic (Allium Sativum L.)
- Park K.-S.; Lee J.-J.; Suh D.-S.; Yeau S.-H.; Kang S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- 강순자; 여성희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 강순자; 여성희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Genetics
- vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 41 - 49
- To analyze the genetic variations among cultivated garlic, Cox1, Cox2 and Atp6 in 30 garlic populations from different geographic origin were partially sequenced and compared. The sequence similarity of Cox1, Cox2 and Atp6 was within the range of 96 ∼ 100%, 94 ∼ 100% and 97 ∼ 100%, and most similar to Nelumbo, Panax ginseng, Sorghum bicolor, respectively. There was no clear distinction among 30 populations in phylogeny analysis. In investigating the variation in gene content and expression by co-transcription analysis, as the result of co-transcript of 739 bp Nad3-Rps12 using reverse transcription-polymerase (RT-PCR), RNA editing sites of 19 in Nad3 and 8 in Rps12 were detected. All edited sites showed nonsilent amino acid substitutions in coding sequences. Sequences and size of co-transcripts compared with other plants were most similar to onion (Allium cepa L.) which was the same genus with garlic. Primer extension analysis showed that the promoter was located at 45 ∼ 50 bp upstream of Nad3 5′ termini which directed Nad3-Rps12 co-transcript.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.