View : 67 Download: 0
An Association between DNA Sequence Variation and Protein Level of the Adh Gene in Korean Population of Drosophila melanogaster
- An Association between DNA Sequence Variation and Protein Level of the Adh Gene in Korean Population of Drosophila melanogaster
- Kang S.-J.; Lee K.-Y.; Bae Y.-J.; Yeau S.-H.; Park K.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 강순자; 여성희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 강순자; 여성희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Genetics
- vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 135 - 141
- From nine lines of Drosophila melanogaster of Chǒunan (C) and Pusan (B) in Korea, 2,8 kb of Adh sequences containing 1.9 kb of Adh structural gene, and 1.2 kb of PstI/HindIII region in the 5′ upstream of Adh transcriptional unit were sequenced. Nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of the Adh structural gene showed 1.76% and 1.56% variation, respectively, compared with Kreitman's consensus sequence. Among the Korean populations, more than 99% identity at both nucleotide and amino acid level was shown. PstI/HindIII region from nine lines was also analyzed, and C1/C5 and B10 had deletion of 181 bp and 247 bp in length, respectively. These two kinds of deletion were partly overlapped each other in only 19 bp and the sequences were exactly the same in the overlapping region. The event is expected to be associated with the allozyme type, ADH-F. In the analysis of two allozymes, ADH-S type was more various than ADH-F type. The amount of ADH protein was higher in ADH-F than in ADH-S. But B9, ADH-S including ∇1-F, had a higher level of ADH protein than C2, ADH-F with ∇1-S. The ∇1, which begins at nucleotide 448 and is located in adult intron 1, was strongly supported to be associated with the allozyme type and the ADH protein level.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.