View : 16 Download: 0
Identification of the human homologue of mouse KIF4, a kinesin superfamily motor protein
- Identification of the human homologue of mouse KIF4, a kinesin superfamily motor protein
- Oh S.; Hahn H.; Torrey T.A.; Shin H.; Choi W.; Lee Y.M.; Morse III H.C.; Kim W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Gene Structure and Expression
- vol. 1493, no. 1-2, pp. 219 - 224
- A combination of RT-PCR with cDNA library screening led to the identification of the human homologue of murine KIF4 (mKIF4), a microtubule- based motor protein. The nucleotide sequence of human KIF4 (hKIF4) comprised part of the 5 untranslated region (UTR), a long open reading frame (ORF) encoding 1232 amino acids, and the entire 3' UTR. Homologies with mKIF4 were 82% and 85% for nucleotides and amino acids, respectively. A single transcript of 5.0 kb was highly expressed in hematopoietic tissues including fetal liver, spleen, and thymus, and adult thymus and bone marrow. Comparison of the ORF with that of mKIF4 revealed some dissimilarities in the putative cargo binding domain which might affect binding specificities. (C) 2000 Published by Elsevier Science B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.