View : 43 Download: 0
Evaluation of the potential of cancer chemopreventive activity mediated by inhibition of 12-O-tetradecanoyl phorbol 13-acetate-induced ornithine decarboxylase activity
- Evaluation of the potential of cancer chemopreventive activity mediated by inhibition of 12-O-tetradecanoyl phorbol 13-acetate-induced ornithine decarboxylase activity
- Lee S.K.; Pezzuto J.M.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 559 - 564
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- In order to discover new cancer chemopreventive agents from natural or synthetic products, a structurally diverse class of chemopreventive agents was evaluated using in vitro biomarker of inhibition of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA)-induced ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) activity in cultured mouse epidermal 308 (ME 308) cells. As a result, apigenin, benzylisothiocyanate, curcumin, diallyl disulfide, N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide (4-HPR), menadione, miconazole, nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA) and phenethyl isothiocyanate showed potent inhibitory effects in this process. A chemically diverse group of compounds was included in the evaluation, such as flavonoids, retinoids, isothiocyanates, sulfur-containing compounds and phenolic antioxidant compounds. These data are suggestive to understand the cancer chemopreventive potential mediated by these substances.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.